Each business has some common risk factors, be they from hackers, natural disasters, or user error. It’s your responsibility to ensure that your business can recover from dangerous and threatening situations with minimal damage to your infrastructure. We’re happy to help your business assess risks to your network and inform you on what you need to do to ensure your organization’s continued functionality.
Defining Risk Management
Risk management is the process of identifying, understanding, and solving issues that present danger to your business in the long run. Risk management can include the following:
- Business continuity: This is a term for the act of planning for the future of your business. Of particular importance are backup and disaster recovery, workforce retention, and other problems that could negatively affect operations. Basically, your business must be prepared to handle all worst-case scenarios.
- Network security: Network security is important for protecting your organization’s sensitive data and critical assets from all types of online threats, including viruses, malware, spyware, ransomware, trojans, and others. As such, it’s an imperative part of handling risk management.
- Asset management: Asset management consists of ensuring that your technology, as well as your IT budget, are on track and capable of handling a worst-case scenario. For example, if a major server unit were to go down due to hardware failure or a hacking attack, would your budget be able to accommodate the purchase of a new one?
What to Watch Out For
It’s made painfully clear that risk management is an all-encompassing part of managing any business. The good news for you is that many of the above services can be provided by Carceron. Our managed IT solutions are designed to take a proactive approach that eliminates many of the troubles associated with risk management. Here are some of the services that we offer:
- Backup and disaster recovery
- Security solutions - firewall, antivirus, spam blocking, content filtering
- Penetration testing
- IT management and roadmaps
- Remote maintenance and workstation/server management
Carceron gets that you’re a small business, and that you don’t have the time to deal with the technical difficulties that come from managing an IT infrastructure. If you have your hands full, we can assist you with preparing your systems for a catastrophic scenario. For more information, reach out to us at (770) 424-3393.